Gobhi Ka Achaar is a seasonal achaar, meaning unlike other achaars, you can’t keep it for a long time. It loses its crunchiness as it gets old. So make it and finish it in a month or two.
गोभी के अचार की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Gobhi, Gajar, Shalgam, Ginger||600 gm|
|Mustard Oil||4 tbsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) Powder||2 tsp|
|Crushed saunf (fennel) seeds||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Crushed rai (mustard seeds)||3 tsp|
|Kalonji (onion) seeds||1 tsp|
|Methi (fenugreek) seeds||1 tsp|
|Amchur (dried mango powder)||3 tsp|
|Garam Masala||2 tsp|
|White Vinegar||3 tbsp|
- Wash and peel carrots and turnips. Chop them in long pieces as shown in the picture below. Cut cauliflower in one inch florets.
- Blanch the vegetables: Boil water in a big vessel. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat. Pour chopped vegetables in the water.
- Wait for a minute and then drain the vegetables in a big sieve.
- Heat oil in a pan with a pinch of salt till oil starts smoking. Turn off the heat.
- Once the oil cools down, add grated or broken gur to the warm oil so that it melts.
- Now add all the spices to the oil and mix.
- Add vegetables and white vinegar and mix again.
- Leave the mixture in the pan for it to cool down completely and then pour it in a jar to store it.
- Wait for a couple of days and Gobhi Ka Achaar is ready to eat.
- The best thing about this achaar is that it’s not too sour or spicy. It almost tastes like a vegetable. Of course feel free to make it more spicy if you like.
- I like to add carrots, turnips and ginger to this pickle but feel free to skip whatever you don’t like.
- Don’t boil vegetables too much, they should stay crunchy.
- This can be stored in pantry.
Gobhi Ka Achaar
Based on 2 Review(s)