There are numerous ways to make Mixed Vegetables but this recipe is restaurant style with fried vegetables and thick gravy.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Cauliflower||1 cup diced|
|Shelled Peas||1/2 cup|
|Carrots||1 cup diced|
|Capsicum||1 cup diced|
|Potato||1 medium diced|
|Vegetable Oil||3-4 tbsp|
|Cashews||1/4 cup broken|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1.5 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Kasoori Methi||1 tsp|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||To Garnish|
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a wok. Fry roughly chopped onions in it.
- Once the onions become translucent, add roughly chopped tomatoes and cashew nuts.
- Cook till tomatoes become soft. Puree them and keep aside.
- Cut paneer in half inch cubes. Cut rest of the vegetable in the same size.
- In a separate wok, add the remaining oil and fry cubed paneer, cubed potatoes, cubed carrots, cauliflowers and keep aside. Don’t fry peas and capsicum. If the peas are fresh, blanch them in boiling water for 5 minutes and strain.
- Get rid of any remaining oil. Use the same wok and add butter to it. Add grated ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add the pureed onion and tomatoes to the wok and cook. Add cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and cook.
- Once the oil starts to separate, add all the vegetables and garam masala and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and kasoori methi and mix. Top it with chopped coriander leaves and Mixed Vegetables are ready to eat.
- Feel free to add or remove any vegetables. I prefer it without the potatoes.