Indians love Tikiya but why does it have to be made from potatoes only. Here is a healthy Tikiya made out of leftover Khichdi and you won’t believe how awesome it tastes.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Leftover Khichdi||1 cup|
|Chopped Green Chilies (optional)||3-4|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tbsp|
- If you put the leftover khichdi in refrigerator for a few hours, it almost becomes solid and that’s what we need in this recipe.
- Boil potatoes and peel them.
- Chop green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Grate potatoes coarsely and mix everything except the oil.
- Make 6 balls from the mixture and flatten them.
- Shallow fry the tikiyas in a non-stick pan on medium heat till they brown from both sides.
- Serve them hot with a chutney of your choice.
- You can add more spices to the mixture like chaat masala, garam masala etc.
- You can even add grated ginger to the mixture.
- Just make sure that the khichdi is a little solid otherwise the mixture will be too runny and tikiyas will not shape and crisp properly.
- Never make the tikiyas too thin because they tend to taste dry. Ideally, they should be thick and juicy from inside but crisp from outside. If you use more oil, they become nice and crisp.