Alsi Ke Laddoo or Pinni is a traditional Punjabi recipe made with alsi (flax seeds), wheat flour, gond and nuts. Flax seeds are one of the most nutritious seeds. They are a high source of Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidant and fiber.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Alsi (Flax) Seeds||1/2 cup|
|Whole Wheat Flour||1/2 cup|
|Edible Gum (gond)||25 gm|
|Assorted Nuts||1/2 cup|
|Small cardamom (choti elaichi)||2-3|
|Ajwain (carom seeds) – Optional||1/2 tsp|
- Dry roast alsi seeds. They will pop like popcorns so be careful. Cool it a bit and powder it.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Fry gond in it till they puff up. Keep aside.
- Fry the other nuts too.
- Powder gond and nuts. Keep aside.
- Roast flour in the remaining ghee. Keep stirring till it browns a bit and become fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and mix ajwain and roast for a couple of minutes. Add alsi powder, nuts powder, gond powder, elaichi powder and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Make laddoos when it’s cold enough to handle.