Gajar Ka Halwa is a popular sweet in winters. It needs minimal ingredients and it’s so easy to make that you will never buy any sweet from market in winters. Here are some other halwa recipes, you may like:
|Preparation Time:||3 hours|
|Red Carrots (gajar)||1 Kg|
|Full Cream Milk||2 liters|
- Boil milk in a large heavy bottom wok. It’s very important to use a heavy wok otherwise the milk will burn and halwa will not taste good. If you are using yellow/orange carrots then increase the milk by half liter.
- Peel and grate carrots roughly. Thanks to the food processor, it’s a 5 minute job. If you are using yellow/orange carrots then peel and grate one beet root also, it improves the overall color of the halwa.
- Add grated carrots (and beet root, if using) to the milk and wait till it boils again.
- Turn the heat to low and forget about it.
- Every 10 minutes or so, stir it a little.
- Once it becomes thick enough that you see more carrots than milk, turn up the heat and stir constantly till it solidifies completely. It may take about 30 more minutes.
- Add sugar and again cook for 5-10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Gajar Ka Halwa is ready.
- You can store it for about 10 days in refrigerator very easily. For best taste, heat it a bit before serving.
- You can vary the quantity of milk as per your taste. There is no hard and fast rule for the carrots and milk ratio.