If you can’t find good sweet frozen peas where you live, the best solution is to preserve them when they are in season, that is in winters and it’s pretty straight forward too. Here I am going to show you How to preserve the peas/matar.
|Preparation Time:||45 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|
|Fresh matar (peas)||1 Kg|
- Shell the fresh matar/peas.
- Wash the shelled matar/peas to remove any dirt.
- Boil about 1 inch of water, salt and sugar in a large pot.
- Add shelled matar/peas in the water and let it boil again.
- Lower the heat and cook uncovered for few minutes till the time matar/peas are soft.
- Turn off the heat and drain them in a strainer.
- Spread the peas on a towel in a single layer to cool them quickly.
- Pack them in a Ziplock bag after the peas are cold and store them in freezer. Now keep using them as required.
- While shelling the peas, shell them in two separate vessels. One for the petite (small) peas and the other one for the big ones. Boil them separately and store them separately. This way when you need really sweet peas, use the small ones otherwise use the other ones.
- You can even steam the peas instead of boiling them.