Moong Dal Halwa is very rich halwa but it tastes heavenly. The most effort is in roasting the dal, which is not that difficult if you use enough ghee. If you do not like to use a lot of ghee, this recipe is not for you ;-). Here are some other halwa recipes, you may like:
Besan Ka Halwa recipe
Gajar Ka Halwa recipe
Aate Ka Halwa recipe
Sakarkand Ka Halwa recipe
Suji Ka Halwa recipe
मूंग की दाल का हल्वे की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Preparation time:||60 minutes|
|Moong Dal||250 gm|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||250 gm|
|Khoya (solidified milk)||250 gm|
|Chopped badam/almonds (optional)||To garnish|
|Small cardamom (choti elaichi)||4|
- Soak moong dal overnight. Grind it fine with minimum water.
- Chop almonds coarsely lengthwise and keep aside.
- Add sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it cook till one wire consistency. Add crushed cardamom for flavor. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a large wok and when it melts, add the ground moong dal. Reduce the heat to minimum and start whisking till the dal is completely mixed with the ghee. Now turn up the heat to medium and keep whisking, it will start to thicken. Once it becomes too thick to whisk, you can use spatula to stir the dal. If you don’t stir it constantly, it will form lumps.
- It will slowly start to brown and ghee will start to come out. At this point you can transfer it to a nonstick pan because it will easy to stir it in a fresh pan and now it’s not going to stick to the bottom. You can keep using the same wok if you want.
- Once it gets the color you like, push it to one side and add previously melted khoya on the other side. Stir khoya on the other side and remove all the lumps
- Once khoya has melted and there are no lumps, mix it with the dal.
- Now add the warm sugar syrup and mix well. Once it’s fully mixed, turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave it for at least 10 minutes for it to absorb the syrup.
- After 10 minutes open it and Moong Ki Dal Ka Halwa is ready.
- Garnish with almonds and serve it warm.
Moong Ki Dal Ka Halwa
Based on 5 Review(s)