Lemon Rice is a very simple and refreshing South Indian preparation. I absolutely love it. I often make Lemon Rice from the left over steamed rice.
साउथ इंडियन लेमन राइस की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Preparation Time:||35 minutes|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1 tsp|
|Sarson (mustard seeds)||1 tsp|
|Dhuli Urad Dal||1 tsp|
|Chana Dal||1 tsp|
|Red Onion||1/2 medium|
|Haldi powder||1/8 tsp|
|Fresh Lemon Juice||1-2 tbsp|
- Chop green chillies finely and keep aside.
- Slice onion coarsely and keep aside.
- Steam rice: Wash and soak rice in two cups of water for about 30 minutes. Pour rice and water in a sauce pan and cook. Once the water starts boiling, reduce heat, add a little ghee and cook till all the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds and cover it because seeds will pop up. Wait till they stop popping.
- Once the seeds stop popping, add sliced onion and saute for a minute.
- Add urad dal, chana dal, kari leaves, turmeric powder, green chillies and saute for a few seconds.
- Add steamed rice, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cook for about two minutes.
- Turn off the heat and Lemon Rice is ready to be served.
- If you don’t like hard dal grains, soak them in water for 30 minutes and then use them in this recipe.
- Make sure that you cover the pan when you add mustard seeds to the oil because mustard seeds pop up.
Based on 1 Review(s)