Basmati Rice is grown in the North Indian region and is the most prestigious rice of India. Steamed Basmati Rice is the simplest form of rice preparation, where rice is boiled till soft.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1 tsp|
- Wash rice thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Pour it in a sauce pan. Add water and cloves and soak it for 1 hour.
- Cook it till it start boiling.
- Reduce heat and cover it. Stir occasionally and add ghee. Wait till all the water dries up (about 15 minutes).
- Turn off heat. Steamed Basmati Rice is ready. Serve it hot with any dal.
- For best results always soak rice for at least one hour but it’s not necessary if you are in a hurry.
- Adding ghee helps in keeping the rice grains separate.