Steamed rice refers to rice that has been cooked either by steaming or boiling. It is a staple food in Asia and many parts of Latin America. It is also used as a main ingredient in many dishes.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1 tsp|
- Wash rice thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Pour it in a sauce pan. Add water and cloves and soak it for 1 hour.
- Cook it till it start boiling.
- Reduce heat and cover it. Stir occasionally and add ghee. Wait till all the water dries up (about 15 minutes).
- Turn off heat. Serve it hot with any dal.
- For best results always soak rice for at least one hour but it’s not necessary if you are in a hurry.
- Adding ghee helps in keeping the rice grains separate.