Quinoa is a healthy alternative to white rice as it has double the protein and half the carbohydrates of the rice. It is from the Amaranth (chaulai) family. This recipe is basically of typical Chinese fried rice in which the rice is replaced with quinoa.
|Preparation time:||30 minutes|
|Sesame Oil||2 tsp|
|Spicy Bean Paste||1 tsp|
|Soy Sauce||1 tsp|
|White Vinegar||1 tsp|
|Crushed Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger||1 tsp grated|
|Garlic||1 tsp grated|
|Diced Carrots||1/2 cup|
|Sliced Onion||1 cup|
- Boil Quinoa in 2 cups of water. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to minimum, cover it and let it cook till all the water is absorbed in it. Switch off the heat.
- Slice the onion. Dice the carrots and zucchini. Grate the garlic and ginger. Keep Aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Keep the flame on maximum. Fry ginger and garlic in it.
- Once they become fragrant, add onions and carrots and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now add bean paste and peas and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add boiled quinoa and mix.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and break the eggs there. Add soy sauce.
- Scramble the eggs in the middle.
- Once the eggs are done, mix everything. Add the vinegar, crushed chillies and salt if required.
- Add chopped zucchini and mix. Fried Quinoa is ready to serve.
- This should be cooked on high heat so that the vegetables stay crisp.
- You can add any vegetables you like and skip eggs if you want but eggs make it a bit wholesome.