Hash browns potatoes are a simple preparation in which potatoes are pan-fried after being shredded or diced. It is a popular side item in continental breakfast.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Medium Size Potato||1|
- Wash the potato properly and grate it coarsely.
- Heat butter in a nonstick frying pan and spread the potatoes in a layer. Make sure there are no big holes in the middle otherwise it will break while turning.
- Cook on medium heat for a few minutes. Press it with spatula a bit so that they stick together.
- When you see the lower layer browning a bit, flip it and cook the other side.
- Once the other side also browns, sprinkle salt and black pepper and it’s ready to serve.
- Instead of shredding, you can even dice the potatoes but then the potatoes should be parboiled first.
- You can also use ghee or oil to make these.