Cobbler refers to a variety of dishes, consisting of a fruit or savory filling covered with batter, biscuit or pastry sheet before being baked. This is the recipe of Peach Cobbler, which is extremely simple, healthy and delicious – the perfect combination.
|Preparation time:||40 minutes|
|Fresh Peaches||8 big ones|
|White Sugar||1/2 cup|
|Brown Sugar||1/2 cup|
|Cinnamon Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Nutmeg Powder||1/8 tsp|
|Fresh Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Corn Starch||2 tsp|
|All Purpose Flour||1 cup|
|Unsalted Chilled Butter||6 tbsp|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice peaches finely.
- In a large bowl combine peaches, 1/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and corn starch.
- Mix evenly and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl combine 1/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in cold butter with your finger tips till the time you get bread crumb consistency. Keep aside.
- Remove peaches from the oven. Sprinkle all purpose flour mix on the top.
- Bake until golden brown on top.
- Serve it hot by itself or with an ice cream scoop on the side.
- To make it more healthy, you can replace all purpose flour with plain oats.
- You can even replace peaches with apples.