This is a crunchy Gajar Ka Achaar, which enhances the taste of every meal.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Gajar (carrots)||1 Kg|
|Rai (mustard) seeds||3 tbsp|
|Sarson Ka tel or Mustard Oil||1/2 cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1.5 tbsp|
|Haldi (turmeric) powder||1 tsp|
|White Vinegar||1/2 cup|
- Smoke the mustard oil. Basically heat the oil till it starts to smoke. Now turn it off. Cool it off to bring it to room temperature.
- Roast the mustard seeds lightly without any oil. Cool it off and then grind coarsely.
- Peel the gajar and cut them in 2 inch pieces. Let them dry a little so that the pickle does not go bad.
- Mix everything in a bowl and leave it on the counter for a day. Next day store it in the refrigerator. Gajar Ka Achaar is ready.
- Enjoy it with every meal.
- You can add a little Sodium Benzoate if you want to keep it for a long time. In general it tastes better if it’s eaten fresh with a week or so.