Baby Potato Chaat is an easy to make delicious finger food, especially when you don’t have too much time.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Carom Seeds (ajwain)||1/2 tsp|
|Bay leaves (tejpatta)||2|
|Grated Ginger||2 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder (haldi)||1/4 tsp|
|Roasted and Ground Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Black Salt||1/4 tsp|
|Tamarind Paste||2 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Boil potatoes. They should not become too soft.
- Heat oil. Add carom seeds and bay leaves. Wait till they puff up.
- Add grated ginger and chopped chillies. Fry for a minute.
- Add boiled potatoes and saute for a few minutes till they are a little brown.
- Add all the spices and tamarind paste along with a little water if it’s too dry.
- Cook for a few minutes and Baby Potato Chaat is ready to serve.
- You can play with the spices and use whatever you like.
- You can even use mustard oil instead of vegetable oil.