Bael is an extremely healthy fruit. It has a lot of medicinal properties. Its pulp can be eaten as it is or you can make this easy bael drink to cool down in hot summers.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Black Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
- Roast the cumin seeds dry and grind them finely. Keep aside.
- Cut the bael and scoop out all the pulp.
- Add a little water and mash the pulp.
- Strain the pulp to remove all the seeds and hard fiber.
- Add salt, black salt, lime juice and minced mint leaves to the strained pulp.
- Mix well. Add water if it’s too thick. Adjust the seasonings as per your taste and serve it chilled with some ice.
- You can even drink the pulp without adding any spices. It’s mildly sweet.
- It is great for stomach, especially in summers. If you can get hold of it, drink its pulp everyday.
- Bael fruit is also known as Stone Apple.