A Quesadilla is a flour tortilla filled with kidney beans, cheese and other ingredients and folded in half to form a half-moon shape. This dish originated in Mexico, and the name is derived from the Spanish word queso (cheese). Vegetable Mexican Quesadilla is filled with vegetables, beans and cheese.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Mexican Cheese Blend||1/2 cup|
|Refried Beans||1/2 cup|
|Shimla Mirch (bell pepper)||1|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Pickled Jalapeno Rings||10-12|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Chop all the vegetables finely.
- Heat a frying pan with a tsp of oil. Place a tortilla in the pan and reduce the heat. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on half the tortilla.
- Spread half the vegetables evenly on the refried beans and top it with half the cheese.
- Fold the other half of tortilla to cover the filling completely.
- Turn up the heat and cook the Quesadilla till it’s golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip it over and cook the other side till it’s golden brown. You want both the sides to be crisp and golden brown. Vegetable Mexican Quesadilla is ready.
- Cut it in half and serve it hot with Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream on the side.
- Use any cooking cheese if you don’t have Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Feel free to add or remove any vegetables.
- Make sure that the Quesadilla is crisp otherwise it won’t taste as great.
- Quesadillas don’t store well. You need to eat them hot as they are coming off the pan.
- Tortilla is nothing but half cooked roti.
- You can make sour cream by setting whipping cream using buttermilk or yogurt.