Super Soft Zucchini Idli is a little unconventional idli but it’s so tasty that you will want to make it again and again. The best part is that it does not require fermentation so it’s super fast and even after storing in the refrigerator it stays super soft.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Semolina or rawa or suji coarse||1/2 cup|
|Zucchini||1 cup coarsely grated|
|Mustard seeds (sarson)||1 tsp|
|Chana dal||1/2 tsp|
|Dhuli urad dal||1/2 tsp|
|Cashewnut pieces||2 tbsp|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||1/4 tsp|
|Asafoetida (hing)||A pinch|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1/4 cup|
|Fresh kari leaves||10 to 15|
|Baking soda||A pinch|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
- Chop ginger, green chilies, kari leaves, and cilantro finely. Grate zucchini coarsely.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds and cover it. Wait till the seeds finish popping.
- Add hing, chana and urad dal. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped ginger and green chilies. Fry for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and turmeric powder and fry for a few seconds.
- Add semolina and roast for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir continuously.
- Now add broken pieces of cashewnuts and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and take it out in a bowl. Let it cool.
- Add zucchini and yogurt slowly and keep mixing. Rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check the consistency, it should be Idli batter consistency. If not, add a little more yogurt.
- Mix salt and baking soda. Pour in the idli stand and steam for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool down before taking them out of the mold.
- Super Soft Zucchini Idlis are ready, enjoy with gun powder and coconut chutney.
Super Soft Zucchini Idli
Based on 1 Review(s)