Hung Curd Kebab is a popular kebab recipe which is crispy from the outside but soft inside. The dough is a little difficult to handle but other than that there are no real challenges.
|Preparation time||60 minutes|
|Hung curd or Greek yogurt||1 cup|
|Fresh bread for bread crumbs||1 cup|
|Broken cashews and raisins||1/4 cup|
|Ginger||1 tbsp finely chopped|
|Corn flour or ground pohe||1/4 cup|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||To shallow fry|
- If you are using Greek yogurt, hang it in a muslin cloth for a couple of hours so that all the water is removed. If possible, keep it inside the refrigerator so that it does not become sour.
- Roast besan for about 10 minutes on medium heat. Stir it constantly. Remove it from the wok and keep aside.
- Saute cashews and raisins in 1/4 tsp of oil on low heat till the cashews start to change color. Keep aside.
- Chop ginger and chilies finely.
- Chop cashews and raisins. I just added it to the food processor and swirled again.
- Add bread pieces and cilantro and swirl again to prepare the bread crumbs.
- In a big bowl add hung curd, roasted besan, bread crumb mixture, salt and red chilies and mix gently.
- If the dough is too loose, add a little more bread crumbs. If the yogurt is pretty solid, you should not need to add more bread crumbs. The more bread crumbs you put the more bread taste you get in the kebab which is not what you want.
- Now make small patties and dip them in ground pohe or corn flour and keep aside.
- You can deep fry these patties or you can shallow fry. For shallow frying, heat a nonstick pan with a bit of oil. Place the patties in it and cook on medium heat. Since these patties are pretty delicate, don’t flip them too often. Once they start to become golden brown, flip and cook on the other side. Add more oil as required.
- Hung Curd Kebabs are ready to serve with a chutney of your choice.