Corn Tortillas are a staple food of Mexico. They are used in enchiladas, sizzlers, corn chips and in many more preparations.
|Preparation Time:||1 hour|
|Masa (Makki Ka Atta + Maida in equal amount)||2 cups|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1 tbsp chopped|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Lukewarm Water||3/4 cup|
- Knead everything together like roti ka atta. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Now knead the dough again and divide the dough in 8 parts.
- Roll it like roti with the help of very little dry flour. If you add a lot of flour the tortilla will come out dry, which is not good.
- Place it on a hot griddle.
- Flip it after a few seconds.
- Pour a little oil on it and cook it like parantha on both sides. It should brown a little but still stay soft. Corn Tortilla is ready to serve.
- You can serve in many different ways. To make a wrap, place a tortilla on the plate. Top it with Arroz (Green Rice) in the middle as if you are going to roll it. Place Roasted Potatoes on it. Drizzle Roasted Tomato Chutney. Place a few spoonful of Rajma Salad and fried garlic slices on top. Finally, sprinkle fresh coriander leaves and Mexican Cheese on top.
- If you want to make corn chips, make soft tortilla without the oil, cut it in wedges and deep fry.
- Kneading with lukewarm water makes the dough faster.
- Cook it on high heat so that it stays soft.