Arroz (Green Rice) is a Mexican preparation. Generally it is used in Burritos, Sizzlers or Fajitas.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||1 cup|
|Lime Juice||1 tbsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||3 tbsp chopped|
- Wash rice till the water comes out clean. Soak in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Chop garlic cloves in slices and fry them in olive oil till light golden brown. Remove from heat and leave it in olive oil so that oil gets more flavor of garlic. Garlic will darken in color. It should not burn. If you already have garlic flavored olive oil, you can skip this step.
- Boil rice with water and salt in a covered sauce pan. Once the water starts boiling, cook on low heat till all the water is incorporated. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, lime juice and a tbsp of garlic oil. Mix well with light hand. Rice should not become mushy.
- The rice is ready to be used in Burritos or Sizzlers.