Crisp Cabbage is a South Indian Style Cabbage/Patta-Gobhi with a lot of crunch. It’s a great combination with simple rice and dal.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Patta Gobhi (Cabbage)||1/3 (about 3 cups chopped)|
|Mustard seeds (sarson)||1/2 tsp|
|Urad dal||1/2 tsp|
|Chana dal||1/2 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/4 tsp|
|Fresh lime juice||1 tbsp|
- Cut cabbage coarsely into 1 inch square pieces. Chop green chillies finely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-sticking pan.
- Add mustard seeds to the oil and wait till they stop spluttering. Reduce heat.
- Add urad and chana dals and stir till they start to brown. Quickly add cabbage and kari leaves and mix again.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and green chillies. Turn up the heat. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice. Mix well. Crisp Cabbage is ready. Serve hot with Arhar Dal and Rice .
- Don’t overcook cabbage. It should stay crisp.