Yogurt or curd or dahi is available everywhere in the market but it is very to make it at home too so why pay the extra cost.
- Boil milk.
- Let it cool till it’s lukewarm.
- First mix the starter yogurt thoroughly in about half cup of milk and then add this mixture to the rest of the milk.
- Cover milk, wrap it in a thick towel and set aside undisturbed for 3 hours. You can also put it in a casserole.
- Open it after 3 hours and check if it is set. If yes, store it in refrigerator. If not, may be wait for another hour or so.
- Serve it plain with Stuffed Paranthas.
- If the yogurt is still not set when you open it, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds without shaking it too much. Wrap it in the towel again for 4 hours.
- If you leave yogurt to set for a long time, it becomes sour.
- If yogurt becomes sour, make Kadhi.