Yogurt or curd or dahi is available everywhere in the market but it is very easy to set at home and fresh yogurt tastes so amazing so why pay the extra cost for not that fresh yogurt.
- Boil milk.
- Let it cool till it’s lukewarm.
- First mix the starter thoroughly in about half cup of boiled milk and then add this mixture to the rest of the milk. Mix thoroughly using a whisk.
- Cover the milk, wrap it in a thick towel and set aside undisturbed for 3 hours. You can also put it in a double layer casserole for insulation.
- Open it after 3 hours and check if it is set. If yes, store it in refrigerator. If not, may be wait for another hour or so.
- Serve it plain with Stuffed Paranthas.
- If the yogurt is still not set when you open it, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds without shaking it too much. Wrap it in the towel again for 4 hours.
- If you leave it to set for a long time, it becomes sour.
- If it becomes sour, make Kadhi.