Potato Sandwich is a popular snack for breakfast in North India. Although it can be eaten at any time when you don’t want to cook an elaborate meal.
|Preparation Time:||45 minutes|
|Boiled Potatoes||4 medium|
|Chopped green chillies (optional)||3-4|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Amchur or Mango powder||2 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
- Cut boiled potatoes in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds. Wait till seeds puff up and start to change color.
- Add chilli powder and coriander powder and mix.
- Add potato pieces, green chillies, salt, mango powder, and garam masala and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir a few times and mash potatoes a bit.
- Turn off heat and keep potato mixture aside.
Putting it together:
- Heat the sandwich maker.
- Spread butter or ghee (clarified butter) on one side of bread and place it in the sandwich maker. Buttered side should be down.
- Top with an even layer of potato mixture.
- Butter another slice of bread on one side and place over the potato layer. Buttered side should be up.
- Close sandwich maker and let it cook till it’s golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the potato sandwich and serve hot with ketchup and green chatni.
- For breakfast, serve it with Porridge.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap after chopping chillies. If you accidentally rub your hands on eyes after chopping chillies, wash your hands with soap and wash your eyes with cold water.
- You can cut the sides of bread off for a softer sandwich.
Based on 2 Review(s)