Kutu Kadhi is a great dish to enjoy during fasts. It’s basically the regular Kadhi made with Kutu Ka Aata instead of Besan. Nonetheless, it tastes great because it’s soupy and hearty. This also makes a great combination with Samak Rice Upma, almost like Kadhi Chawal.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Kutu Ka Aata||1/2 cup|
|Dahi or Yogurt||1 cup|
|Boiled Potato||1 medium|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 tsp|
|Jeera (Cumin Seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander||To Garnish|
- Boil the potato. Peel and cube it when easy to handle. Chop green chilli coarsely too.
- Whisk Kutu and yogurt together and add some water to make a thin consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera. Wait till it crackles.
- Add potato cubes and green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Now add the kutu mixture to the pan. Keep stirring till it starts to boil.
- Add salt, lower the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes or until the desired consistency.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and the soup is ready to enjoy.
- Normally we eat Kutu during fast only but nothing stops us from enjoying it at any time. This Kadhi can actually be had at any time as a hearty soup.