Meethe Chawal is a very simple and hearty dessert that everyone likes. You will never find this in restaurants.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Steamed Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Cinnamon Stick||1/2 inch piece|
|Coconut Pieces or Powder||1/4 cup|
|Mixed nuts||1/2 cup|
- Chop all the nuts coarsely. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan.
- Add clove, cardamoms and cinnamon. Stir for a minute so that they become fragrant.
- Add chopped nuts and coconut. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add sugar and wait till it melts. Add few spoons of water to help in melting.
- Once the sugar melts, add boiled rice.
- Mix very gently.
- Turn off the heat. Meethe Chawal are ready.
- You can also add saffron in it.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your taste using powdered sugar.