Stuffed Chillies are a great way to spice up any Indian meal. It can be very spicy depending on the hotness of the chillies and there are several variations in the preparation.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add a little oil. Mix again and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the chillies.
- Slit them in the middle lengthwise.
- Fill each chilli with the spice mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and add the chillies.
- Roll them in the oil so that they are fully coated.
- Reduce the heat and cook them covered.
- Keep turning them every 3 minutes. It may be difficult to turn some of them but try to brown all the sides of chillies.
- Once they brown a little, turn off the heat and Stuffed Chillies are ready to eat.
- These are mostly eaten as a pickle. You can store them in refrigerator for a week.
- For a variation, replace dry mango powder with grated young mango.
- Some people even add roasted besan in the filling.
- If you like the flavor of the chillies but not the hotness, you can remove the seeds while slitting the chillies.