Burrito is the traditional food of North Mexico. It consists of a wheat flour tortilla wrapped into a cylindrical shape with different types of fillings inside, including refried beans and cheese. As the name suggests, Vegetable Burrito is filled with vegetables along with standard cheese, beans and rice etc.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Tortilla (thin roti)||1|
|Refried Beans||1/4 cup|
|Mexican Cheese Blend||1/4 cup|
|Red Onion||1/4 cup sliced|
|Shimla Mirch (bell pepper)||1/4 cup sliced|
|Arroz (Flavored Rice)||1/4 cup|
|Sour Cream||1/4 cup|
|Vegetable Oil||1/8 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/8 cup chopped|
- Slice the onion and capsicum roughly. Stir fry onion and capsicum in the oil for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Heat the tortilla so that it becomes pliable.
- Spread refried beans in the middle of the tortilla.
- Spread cheese, rice, onion-capsicum mixture, salsa, guacamole, cream and coriander leaves on top.
- Roll the tortilla tightly and fold on one end. Wrap the aluminum foil on the folded end and Vegetable Burrito is ready to serve.
- Burrito needs to be eaten immediately otherwise the tortilla becomes soggy and does not taste well.
- If you like it spicy, sprinkle some hot sauce and enjoy.