Paneer Sandwich is a refreshingly healthy sandwich. The filling is mostly cottage cheese with some vegetables, making it moist and tasty.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Red Onion||1/4 cup chopped|
|Tomato||1/4 cup chopped|
|Black Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/8 cup chopped|
|Green Chutney||1/8 cup|
|Tomato Ketchup||1/8 cup|
|Thin Wheat Buns||6|
- Peel and chop onion and cucumber roughly. Chop tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Mix cottage cheese, onion, tomato, cucumber, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper together and keep aside.
- Open a bun and spread chutney on one side and ketchup on other side.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the filling on one side.
- Cover with the other side of the bun. Paneer Sandwich is ready to eat.
- The sandwich should never be dry. So if your filling is too dry, leave it out for about 30 minutes and it will become moist because vegetables with salt will leave some water.
- Since the filling hardly has any spices, it’s very important that you layer the bun halves with spicy green chutney and/or ketchup. If you don’t have green chutney, you may consider using bottled hot sauce but honestly, green chutney makes it so much more flavorful.
- I love this sandwich for travel or picnic. Although, I always carry buns, chutney/ketchup and filling separately because a ready to eat sandwich becomes soggy pretty quickly.
- I used thin wheat buns but you can use any bread you like.