If you are sick of making eggplant bharta or stuffed eggplants, try this new variation of Sour Eggplant (Khatte Baingan). Fresh coriander and mint give it a refreshing twist.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Mint Leaves (pudina)||1/2 cup|
|Coriander Leaves (dhaniya)||1/2 cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Asafoetida Powder (heeng)||A pinch|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Onion Seeds (kalonji)||1 tsp|
|Fennel Seeds||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dried Mango Powder (amchur)||1.5 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies in a paste.
- Slit the eggplants in the middle. Peel the potatoes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds, onion seeds and fennel seeds. Wait till they puff up.
- Add slit eggplants and potatoes and mix well. Now cover the wok and lower the heat.
- Cook till the eggplants and potatoes are a little brown and soft.
- Add all the dry spices in the wok and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coriander-mint paste and yogurt to the wok and cook it uncovered for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and Sour Eggplant (Khatte Baingan) are ready. Serve it hot with Roti or Parantha.