Hung Curd Kebab is a simple tangy kebab, which does not have too many spices, yet the kebab is delicious.
|Preparation Time:||12 hours|
|Cooking Time:||30 minutes|
|Dahi (yogurt or curd)||1.5 cup|
|Roasted Chickpeas||3-4 tbsp|
|White Bread Slices||1|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||3 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||3 tbsp|
|All Purpose Flour (Maida)||1/4 cup|
- Put the yogurt in a muslin cloth and put it in a strainer. Leave it in refrigerator overnight.
- Chop off the sides of bread slice and make fresh bread crumbs.
- Grind the chickpeas and keep aside.
- Peel the ginger and grate it finely. Chop the green chillies and fresh coriander finely.
- Mix hung curd, grated ginger, chopped chillies, chopped coriander leaves, salt, chickpeas powder and bread crumbs.
- Store the batter in refrigerator for some time.
- Divide the batter in 8 parts. Make ball of each part and roll it in all purpose flour. Flatten it a little bit.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a nonstick pan. Add the flattened patties in the pan and let them cook till the bottom of the kebabs are golden brown.
- Flip them over gently and cook till other side is browned too.
- Hung Curd Kebab is ready. Serve it hot with Fresh Mint Chutney.
- Add a little more bread crumbs if the batter is a little difficult to handle.
- If you want the texture of the kebabs to be smooth, make a paste of ginger, chillies and coriander leaves and then add to the curd.