Matar Paneer is probably the oldest paneer dish in the history of Indian food. Unlike other paneer recipes, this one is pretty light on stomach and tastes very simple and satisfying.
मटर पनीर की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Paneer (cottage cheese)||1 lb|
|Matar (shelled peas)||1 cup|
|Chopped red onion||1/2 medium|
|Freshly blended tomatoes||1 cup|
|Ginger paste||1 tsp|
|Jeera (cumin) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
- Cut paneer in 1 cm cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large nonstick pan.
- Saute paneer cubes till they are lightly browned. Keep them aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Saute onion and ginger paste till the onions are translucent.
- Add jeera powder, haldi powder, chili powder, dhaniya powder and stir till fragrant.
- Quickly add blended tomato and cook till the oil starts to separate. Turn off the heat.
- Blend the onion-tomato mixture with 1 cup of water to a smooth paste. This step is optional. Blending makes a smooth gravy.
- Heat the pan again and pour back the onion-tomato mixture. Add another cup of water, salt, cardamom, cloves, peas and cheese cubes. Wait till it boils.
- Microwave the leaves for 1 minute and crush them to a fine powder. Add it to the pan.
- Reduce the heat and cover it with a lid. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Matar Paneer is ready.
- Serve hot with Flat bread, Raita and Cauliflower.
- If you like, top it with about 1/4 cup of whipping cream though it’s not necessary.
Based on 2 Review(s)