Stuffed Bell Pepper look so great and taste even better. In this recipe I have used potato filling but you can replace it with any filling of your choice.
|Preparation Time:||60 minutes|
|Poblano or Bell peppers||4 medium|
|Boiled Potatoes||4 medium|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||1 1/2 tsp|
|Amchur (dried mango powder)||2 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
- Chop green chillies finely and keep aside.
- Cut boiled potatoes in small pieces.
- Heat one tbsp oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds. Wait till the seeds puff up.
- Add chili powder and dhaniya powder and stir till fragrant.
- Quickly add potato pieces, chopped green chillies, salt, amchur powder, and garam masala and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir a few times and mash potatoes a bit.
- Turn off the heat and keep the potato mixture aside.
- Make a length wise slit in each pepper on one side.
- Rub a little salt inside the pepper.
- Fill peppers with the potato mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add stuffed peppers and roll them in the pan so that they are covered in oil from all sides.
- Reduce heat and cover the pan. Rotate peppers every 5 minutes for even cooking. Let it cook for about 20 minutes or until all sides are well done. Stuffed Bell Peppers are ready.
- Serve it hot with Dal, Raita, Peas and Cheese and roti.
- The filling should always be a little more spicy than you would normally cook because it’s compensated by the mild pepper shell.
- You can fill the peppers in many different ways. You can cut the top off and fill it from the top or you can cut the peppers in half lengthwise and fill each half.