Phool Gobhi Aloo is a very simple vegetable made in all household in North India especially during winters when locally grown cauliflower is available in abundance.
- Cut gobhi in small pieces and potatoes into 1/2 cm thick pieces.
- Heat one tbsp oil in a large non-sticking pan. Add jeera seeds and wait for them to puff up.
- Now add potato pieces and stir fry till they are golden brown (about 5 minutes). Keep stirring for even browning.
- Add gobhi pieces and julienned ginger. Stir fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add two tbsp of water, haldipowder, chili powder, dhaniya powder and salt. Stir till fragrant.
- Reduce the heat. Add one more tbsp of water. Cover with the lid and let it cook till the potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are soft, turn off the heat. Add garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves. Phool Gobhi Aloo is ready.
- Serve it hot with Plain Parantha and any dal.
Phool Gobhi Aloo