Patta Gobhi Aloo is a very simple vegetable normally made in every household in North India.
|Preparation Time:||25 minutes|
|Patta Gobhi (Cabbage)||1 small|
|Potatoes (aloo)||2 medium|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Amchur (dried mango powder)||1/2 tsp|
- Chop cabbage finely.
- Peel and chop potatoes in 1/2 cm thick pieces.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. Wait till they puff up. Add potatoes.
- Saute till golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat, add a tbsp of water, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and mix.
- Add cabbage and salt. Mix thoroughly and cover it with a lid. Let it cook till potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes). Stir the vegetable occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add garam masala and mango powder. Mix well. Patta gobhi aloo is ready.
- Serve hot with Flat bread, Raita and Cheese with Peas.
- Make sure that cabbage stays a little crisp. Don’t overcook it.