Aloo Matar Curry is a staple curry of North India. Probably every household in North makes this curry at least once a week, especially in winters because the hot and light gravy feels good in winters.
आलू मटर की रसेदार सब्ज़ी की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Potatoes (aloo)||3 medium|
|Matar (shelled peas)||1 cup|
|Freshly blended tomatoes||3/4 cup|
|Fresh coriander leaves||To garnish|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
- Chop green chillies and keep aside. Peel potatoes and cut them in 1 cm thick pieces.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. Wait till they puff up.
- Add haldi powder, chilli powder, dhaniya powder and stir till fragrant.
- Quickly add freshly blended tomatoes and chopped green chillies. Cook till oil starts separating. Stir constantly.
- Add potatoes, peas, salt and add 2.5 cups of water. Close the lid and pressure cook.
- Once the cooker starts whistling, reduce the heat and cook for 7 more minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Open the cooker when steam dies. Add garam masala and mix well. Aloo Matar Curry is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with Parantha and Yogurt .
- There is another variation of potato curry, which goes very well with puri.
Aloo Matar Curry
Based on 3 Review(s)