Dal Parantha is a parantha made out of leftover dal. But believe me, it’s so tasty that you would want to leave some dal everyday so that you can make it again and again. And it’s healthy too.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Whole wheat flour||1 cup|
|Leftover dal||1 cup|
|Finely chopped onion||1/3 cup|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Pickle masala (optional) available in Indian stores||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
- Mix everything except oil and knead in a firm dough. Add a little more flour if it’s too sticky.
- Divide it into 6 equal balls.
- Roll a ball using dry wheat flour. Top it with a little oil.
- Pinch the sides together and make it a ball again.
- Roll it to about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook both sides of the rolled dough in a pan. Oil the dough on both sides. Press it with spatula and cook till it’s done. Flip sides every once in a while. Repeat with other dough balls. Dal Parantha is ready.
- Serve it hot with yogurt and butter (optional).