Indo Chinese Fried Rice is the Indian version of Chinese fried rice. It’s a very quick dish which can be made even with the leftover plain rice.
|Preparation Time: 20 minutes||Servings: 1||Difficulty: Easy|
|Cooked rice||1 cup|
|Cabbage, carrot, bell pepper||1 cup chopped|
|Ginger||1 tsp chopped|
|Garlic||1/2 tsp minced|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Green chili sauce||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili sauce||1/2 tsp|
|Clear vinegar||1 tsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tsp|
|Ajino moto||A pinch|
|Spring onion greens||To garnish|
- Use rice in which the grains stay separate after cooking. If you are boiling the rice right before you make fried rice, cook them 90%. I prefer using the leftover rice because even if the rice is cooked fully after it cools down, the grains can be easily separated out.
- Chop all the vegetables finely.
- Chop or mince the ginger and the garlic.
- Heat the oil.
- Fry chopped ginger and garlic on high heat till garlic starts to become brown.
- Add all the vegetables and fry for 2 minutes, again on high heat. You want to keep the vegetables crisp.
- Add rice and everything else and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Indo Chinese Fried Rice is ready. Garnish with chopped onion greens and serve it hot.
- Keep the heat on high throughout.
- Keep all the ingredients ready near the stove because it hardly takes 5 minutes to cook this.
- Feel free to use any other vegetables you like. For example you could use onions and beans.