Namkeen Daliya is a very healthy snack for breakfast although it can be eaten at any time. The main ingredient is cracked wheat so it’s pretty healthy too.
नमकीन दलिये की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Daliya (Cracked wheat)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped red onion||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Potatoes (aloo)||1/2 cup|
|Frozen peas||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Tomatoes||1/2 cup|
|Chopped fresh coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Rai (small mustard seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Oil||1 1/4 tsp|
|Fresh lime juice||1 tbsp|
- Chop all the vegetables finely.
- Saute daliya with 1/4 tsp of oil.
- When slightly brown, add 1 cup of water and steam in pressure cooker. Turn off the heat when cooker starts whistling.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan. Add rai seeds. Wait till they splutter.
- Add onion and potato pieces. Saute till onions are translucent and potatoes start to brown (about 5 minutes). Add peas. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add boiled daliya, tomatoes, salt, chopped green chillies and kari leaves. Mix well. Reduce heat, and let it cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add lime juice and mix. Namkeen Daliya is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- Boiled daliya should be soft and not too mushy.
- This is an extremely healthy snack with minimal oil and lots of protein.
- You can also use frozen corn kernels in this recipe.
- This is a good snack for children’s tiffin.
- If you like it more spicy, you can even add 1 tsp of pickle masala available in Indian stores.
Based on 4 Review(s)
2 thoughts on “Namkeen Daliya (Savory Cracked Wheat)”
Tried at my home…
Everybody loved it…..
I added some more veggies to make it delicious..!!
Really nice and easy to make!!! Absolutely gorgeous, and easy/fast enough for a student to make, provided you have a steamer
Comments are closed.