Namkeen Daliya is a very healthy snack for breakfast although it can be eaten at any time. The main ingredient is cracked wheat so it’s pretty healthy too.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Daliya (Cracked wheat)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped red onion||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Potatoes (aloo)||1/2 cup|
|Frozen peas||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Tomatoes||1/2 cup|
|Chopped fresh coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Rai (small mustard seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Oil||1 1/4 tsp|
|Fresh lime juice||1 tbsp|
- Chop all the vegetables finely.
- Saute daliya with 1/4 tsp of oil.
- When slightly brown, add 1 cup of water and steam in pressure cooker. Turn off the heat when cooker starts whistling.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan. Add rai seeds. Wait till they splutter.
- Add onion and potato pieces. Saute till onions are translucent and potatoes start to brown (about 5 minutes). Add peas. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add boiled daliya, tomatoes, salt, chopped green chillies and kari leaves. Mix well. Reduce heat, and let it cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add lime juice and mix. Namkeen Daliya is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- Boiled daliya should be soft and not too mushy.
- This is an extremely healthy snack with minimal oil and lots of protein.
- You can also use frozen corn kernels in this recipe.
- This is a good snack for children’s tiffin.
- If you like it more spicy, you can even add 1 tsp of pickle masala available in Indian stores.