As the name suggests, Fried Phool Gobhi is a dry vegetable in which the phool gobhi is fried. Since it’s a little rich, it’s a good vegetable to make when you are making a special meal.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Cauliflower florets||500 gm (about 1 small flower)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 cup|
|Freshly blended tomatoes||1/2 cup|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Jeera (cumin seeds) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
- Chop onions, chillies and coriander leaves finely and keep aside. Blend tomatoes. Cut cauliflower in small pieces.
- Fry cauliflower pieces on high heat.
- Heat one tbsp oil in a large non-sticking pan.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it becomes translucent.
- Add jeera, haldi, red chilli, dhaniya powder and stir.
- Quickly add freshly blended tomato, chopped green chillies, salt and garam masala.
- Saute till oil starts separating (about 5 minutes).
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix well. Add cauliflower pieces and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn the pieces occasionally.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and Fried Phool Gobhi is ready. Serve it hot with Moong Spinach Dal, Rice and Roti.
- Make sure that you fry cauliflower in very hot oil, otherwise it absorbs a lot of oil. Drain the fried pieces well and lay them on paper towel for some time to absorb extra oil away.
- Don’t overcook cauliflower in the gravy. It’s tastes better when it’s a little crisp.
- This is a great dish for parties. You can even fry the cauliflower beforehand and store it in the refrigerator. Then on the party day just make the gravy and add cauliflower pieces to it.