Sukhi Moong Dal is a really healthy snack that can be eaten in breakfast or with evening tea.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Moong dal||1 cup|
|Red onion||1 small|
|Green chilies chopped (optional)||1|
|Coriander leaves chopped||1/4 cup|
|Grated ginger||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 tbsp|
- Pick moong dal to make sure there are no stones or dirt and wash it thoroughly.
- Chop onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a wok and add cumin seeds and wait till they puff up.
- Add grated ginger and fry a bit.
- Quickly add moong dal, 1.5 cups of water, salt and garam masala. Lower the heat once water starts to boil. Cover it and let it cook on slow heat.
- Stir it once a while. Once all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat.
- Mix onions, tomatoes, green chili, coriander, lemon juice and mix lightly. Moong Dal as a snack is ready.
- Serve hot.
- Breakfast suggestion: Porridge, French Toast and Moong Dal Snack
- Moong should be soft but not mushy.
- You can also make this in pressure cooker but there is always a chance that it will become mushy. For pressure cooking, soak dal for at least 4 hours. Cook with 1/2 cup of water and turn off the heat when cooker starts to whistle. Open it when steam dies down.