Porridge or Meetha Daliya is a very comforting and hearty dish for breakfast. It is particularly helpful when you have sour throat because the hot meetha daliya soothes the throat. Also because it is made of broken wheat, it’s pretty healthy and hearty.
|Preparation Time:||30 Minutes|
|Cracked Wheat||1/2 cup|
|Vegetable oil or ghee (clarified butter)||1/8 tsp|
- Roast cracked wheat with a little oil or ghee on low heat.
- Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook. Turn off the heat when cooker starts whistling.
- Open the pressure cooker after the steam dies completely.
- Add milk and cook on low heat till it becomes thick (about 20 minutes).
- Add sugar as per your taste. Mix well and turn off the heat. Meetha Daliya is ready.
- Serve Meetha Daliya hot.
- In breakfast serve with French Toast, and Pohe (Pressed Rice).
- You may have to fine tune the duration of pressure cooking because it depends on your pressure cooker. Basically the wheat should become soft.
- I normally use brown sugar but it makes the porridge brownish.
- If it becomes too thick, add some more milk.
- It’s a good nutritional food for breakfast. You can store it in the refrigerator for a few days. Just heat it in microwave before you eat.