Besan Ki Roti is a spicy roti that can be eaten just by itself or with yogurt.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Besan (chickpea flour)||2 cups|
|Wheat Flour||1/2 cup|
|Coriander Seeds||2 tbsp|
|Kali mirch (black peppercorns)||1 tsp|
|Dry pomegranate seeds (anardana)||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh Fenugreek Leaves (methi)||2 cups|
|Red Onion||1 medium|
|Chaat Masala To Garnish (available in Indian stores)||1 tbsp|
|Butter To Garnish||3 tbsp|
- Roast coriander seeds, peppercorns and anardana
- Grind it coarsely.
- Mix wheat flour, besan, ground spice mixture, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chopped onion, chopped fenugreek leaves and green chillies.
- Knead a soft dough with the help of some water. Cover it and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 10 parts and make 10 balls.
- Roll a ball in a 4 inch roti.
- Place it on a hot griddle.
- Turn it over when you see small bubbles on the roti.
- Now cook it over slow direct flame till it has small brown/black spots on both sides.
- Besan Ki Roti is ready. Serve it hot with butter.
- You can even cook it like parantha on the griddle.
- This is also called Missi Roti.