|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Fresh Spinach Leaves||1 lb|
|Chopped Potatoes||3 medium|
|Chopped green chili (optional)||1|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Mango powder||1/2 tsp|
- Remove stems from the leaves. Wash the leaves thoroughly because often they contain a lot of dirt. Chop them coarsely.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 cm thick pieces.
- Heat oil in a large non-sticking pan. Add cumin seeds and wait for them to puff up.
- Add potato pieces and stir fry till they are golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add two tbsp of water, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, green chili and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add spinach leaves. Mix and reduce heat. Cover with a lid and let it cook till the potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat. Add garam masala and mango powder and mix lightly.
- Serve hot with Flat bread and a dal.