Lobhiya Beans are also known as lobhiya phali. They are normally made as a dry vegetable with potatoes.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Lobhiya (long green) beans||1/2 lb|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||3/4 tsp|
|Haldi (turmeric powder)||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||1 tsp|
|Freshly blended tomatoes||4 tbsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
- Wash beans and cut in 1/2 cm long pieces.
- Peel and cut potatoes in 1/2 cm thick pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds. Wait till seeds puff up and start to change color.
- Add potato pieces and fry till they start becoming brown (about five minutes).
- Now add haldi powder, chilli powder, dhaniya powder and stir till fragrant.
- Quickly add beans, salt and a tablespoon of water. Mix thoroughly. Reduce heat. Cover the pan and let it cook for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When potato pieces are soft, add freshly blended tomatoes and garam masala. Mix it gently. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Lobhiya beans are ready. Serve it hot as a side dish with Naan or chapati.
- Instead of long beans, you can also use french beans if you want.