Potato stuffing is a very versatile stuffing that can be used in many many dishes like samosa, sandwich, bell peppers, sweet chillies etc.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Boiled potatoes (aloo)||6 medium|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya (coriander) powder||2 tsp|
|Salt||1 1/2 tsp|
|Amchur (dried mango powder)||2 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Pickle masala (achar masala) – optional||1 tsp|
- Cut boiled potatoes in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds. Wait till the seeds puff up.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder, garam masala, pickle masala and mix.
- Add potato pieces, green chillies, salt and mix again. Reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir a few times and mash potatoes a bit.
- Turn off the heat and use the stuffing as required – Sandwich, Stuffed Peppers, Stuffed Sweet Peppers.
- The filling should always be a little more spicy than normal because it’s compensated by the mildness of the shell.
- You can always replace a couple of potatoes with grated cottage cheese. It makes it more healthy.