Malai Peda is perfect for those days when you want to make something sweet and healthy very quickly.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Condensed Milk||1/2 cup|
|Choti elaichi or small cardamom||1|
|Sliced Pistachios or Sugar Balls for decoration||1 tbsp|
- Peel and crush cardamom to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Crumble the paneer. If you buy it from the store, soak it in warm water for 30 minutes so that it becomes soft. Now drain it and grate it coarsely.
- Heat a large wok and add paneer and condensed milk in it. Cook on medium heat. Keep stirring.
- It will start to bind together and start leaving oil (about 10 minutes). Turn off the heat.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the paneer mixture in about 15 parts and make small balls. Flatten these balls and decorate with sliced pistachio or colored sugar balls.
- Malai Peda is ready to serve.
- Store it in a air tight container in refrigerator.
- You can even decorate it with cardamom seeds. They are fragrant and they are dark so they look nice.
- This peda has the granular texture of kalakand. If you like, you can first mash the cottage cheese with the heel of your palm so that it’s smooth and then use it in this recipe. This will give it typical peda like smooth consistency.