Tomato Soup and bread is a favorite dinner at our place on any Sunday evening in winters. It’s light, it’s simple and it tastes wonderful.
|Preparation time:||50 minutes|
|Cinnamon stick (dalchini)||1 inch stick|
|Bay leaves (tejpatta)||2|
|Kali mirch (black peppercorns)||8 – 10|
|Long (cloves) (optional)||2|
|Butter||1/2 to 1 tsp|
- Wash tomatoes and chop them in small pieces. Chop onion coarsely.
- Boil one cup of water, tomatoes, onion, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns and cloves in a sauce pan.
- Once it starts boiling reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Remove bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves from the pan and discard.
- Blend the whole mixture smooth.
- Heat butter in a pan, pour the tomato mixture in it and add salt.
- Bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat. Tomato Soup is ready.
- Garnish with cream or cottage cheese and serve hot with toasted bread.
- If you like your soup creamy, add half a cup of cream to the soup in the end.
- For a clear soup, you can strain the boiled tomatoes and onion in a coarse strainer and discard the tomato skin and seeds.
- If you like your soup sweet, add a little sugar to the soup.