Rasam is a South Indian soup, traditionally prepared using tamarind juice as a base, with the addition of tomato, chili pepper, pepper, cumin and other spices as seasonings.
रसम की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Boil dal with 2 cups of water in pressure cooker. Once it starts to whistle, lower the heat and cook for 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter. Break the red chilli in half and fry in the pan for a few seconds.
- Now add curry leaves and chopped tomatoes. Lower the heat and cook till tomatoes soften a bit.
- Add rasam powder and fry for a seconds. Open the pressure cooker and pour just the water of the dal in the pan.
- Let it boil and then add tamarind paste and salt. Lower the heat and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Taste the rasam and adjust the seasonings. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve Dal Rasam with rice.