Papri is an essential part of Indian chaat. Curry Flavored Papri or Papdi has Sounth Indian flavors and it is so good that it can be eaten just by itself. Chef Ajay Chopra showed this recipe in Master Chef.
|All Purpose Flour
|Fresh Kari Leaves
|Turmeric Powder (haldi)
|Madras Curry Powder
|Black Pepper Powder
- Rub 50 gm of oil in the flour. It should look like fresh bread crumbs.
- Fry kari leaves so that they are crunchy. Crush them when cold and add to the flour.
- Add salt, haldi, madras curry powder and black pepper powder to the flour.
- And knead it in a tight dough.
- Leave it covered for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts. Do not knead again.
- Roll each part of the dough in a thin roti.
- Prick it with knife so that they do not puff up while frying.
- Cut each roti in wedges or any other shape you like.
- Fry them on low heat till they are golden brown.
- Drain them on a paper towel. Curry Flavored Papri is ready.
- Serve it with yogurt and tamarind chutney.
- You can reduce the oil rubbed into the flour but it should be no less than 40 gm.
- If you want to eat it as papri, make it as thin as possible. Otherwise if you want to eat it as it is, you can make it thicker.