A friend from Himachal showed me this recipe of Pomelo (Chakotara) Salad . It is very simple to make and very refreshing. Pomelo is also called Chakotara in Hindi.
मसाले चकोतरे की रेसिपी हिंदी में पढ़ें
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Pomelo or Chakotra||1|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||Handful|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||Handful|
|Black Salt||1/4 tsp|
- Cut pomelo and clean each clove.
- Get rid of the white portion.
- Separate the mint and coriander leaves from stems. Wash and chop them finely.
- Wash the green chillies and chop them finely.
- Mix mint and coriander leaves in pomelo. Add both salts.
- Toss everything together and Pomelo (Chakotara) Salad is ready to serve.
- In Himachal they smoke it with burning coal and oil but I skipped it here.
- It is best eaten fresh because it becomes bitter after some time.
Pomelo (Chakotara) Salad
Based on 4 Review(s)